The Women’s Business Development Council is offering grants of up to $2,500 to qualified start-up businesses
The WBDC Launch Pad Grant Program offers newly established businesses the opportunity to receive a $2,500 grant to put toward start-up costs.
The grant funds cannot be used towards:payroll/to pay yourself, real estate improvements (e.g. construction costs), reimbursement for past purchases or debt repayment.
Applicants complete one of WBDC’s business courses* – Guide to Plan for Success (GPS), Business Concept Clinic (BCC), or Marketing FUNdamentals – complete an application within your cohort’s application period and compete in a mandatory pitch competition. A panel of judges determines grant awardees.
To be eligible to apply for a Launch Pad Grant, you must:
– Complete one of the following WBDC courses: GPS, BCC, or Marketing Fundamentals
– Attend 80% of the classes, being fully present and engaged for the duration of all class sessions.
– Submit all course deliverables on time
– Submit the Launch Pad application
Your business must:
– Have been in business for less than two years as of the date of your registration.
– Be 51% or more woman owned
– Be headquartered in CT, and owned by a CT resident
– Have a business checking account or a separate account for the business
– Be a for-profit business
– Be owned by a woman at least 18 years old
Please note that, if you have more than one business, you may only apply for a Launch Pad Grant for one of your businesses.
The following businesses are not eligible:
– Childcare businesses are not eligible for the Launch Pad Grant. If your business is in the childcare industry, WBDC has other programs for you. We encourage you to visit our Child Care Business Funding page to learn more or reach out to us at email@example.com
– Any individual or business who has already received a Launch Pad Grant from WBDC is not eligible
– Non-profit organizations are not eligible
– Current vendors or contractors of WBDC are not eligible. Former vendors are eligible to apply a year after working with WBDC
– Medical marijuana; liquor stores and alcohol distributors; adult businesses such as strip clubs; vape retailers; tobacco shops and smoking lounges; businesses having to do with gambling; gun stores and ranges; cash advance, check cashing, or pawn shops; bail bonds; collection agencies or services; and auction or bankruptcy or fire or “lost-our-lease” or “going-out-of-business” or similar sale
If you are ineligible, our businesses advisors are available to work with you to support your business, at no cost to you. If you would like to schedule an appointment to meet with a WBDC business advisor, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that you can take each WBDC course only once, even if you have more than one business.
**More information on eligibility requirements and the application process will be shared during each WBDC course.